Sunday, July 10, 2011

It Seemed Like a Much Better Idea Back in April

It is 3 am here and the Lil Sweet Pea has decided I should no longer be comfortable sleeping in any position...so here I am sitting in the Nursery/Office typing away while Hubby (and now the Sweet Pea!!) are blissfully asleep!

But I digress. I wanted to write about my lovely idea to teach summer school while 7 months pregnant in a school about an hour and half drive from my home. As the title suggests, it seemed like a much better idea in April when I signed up for it. At the time I was in the throes of my second trimester energy spurt and feeling like I could do it all!! Ha ha!!! Now however, the third trimester has reared its ugly head and I am honestly more exhausted now than I was in the first trimester! BIG YAWN!!! (Seriously, I yawn all the time these days!)


                                             **See??? BIG YAWN! LOL

I am very uncomfortable these days. I am large and achy and as the Hubby says "whiny" too! (I don't mean to be whiny...I just get so tired and cranky at times.) Add to this the fact that Hubby and I are sharing one car to save on gas until summer school is over. No big deal unless of course you are seven months pregnant and the alarm goes off at 3:45 a.m. so both you and the Hubby can be out of the house by 5:15 a.m. so Hubby can be at work by 6 a.m.  I do not need to be at summer school until 9a.m. Grrrr--tired much is an understatement these days.

But it has been nice in that Hubby and I get to have breakfast in his shop together every morning. Then I leave and make the hour drive down to my work. 

Now summer school on paper looked very good--pay is great (and we need it with the impending arrival of the Sweet Pea) and it is only Mondays thru Thursdays from 9am to 12pm. No big deal right??? Except again, by the time I make it down there I have already been awake for five hours and am jonesing for a nap!! So I teach the little ones until 12 pm. Now I am done but Hubby isn't done until 3:00 pm and it is HOT in his Weld shop in the afternoon while I have to wait for two hours for him to be done. Sometimes I head over to the coolness of the Barnes and Noble, but I can't really indulge my love of books with any actual buying because everything is being saved for the baby stuff we are still in need of! Egads! Plus have I mentioned the exhaustion??? I am afraid if I sit in one of those big, comfy chairs Barnes and Noble has I will fall asleep in the middle of the store and snore or worse yet drool!! EEk, no thank you on the public humiliation.

                                                          

So yes, this whole teaching summer school thing sounded great back in April but now I just have a countdown going to the end of the month. Because come August I have an appointment with my bed for extended periods of napping and resting before the September arrival of the Lil Sweet Pea!!!

                                               **Doesn't that bed look dreamy and snuggly???**

Much luv!
Laura

1 comment:

  1. That bed looks soooo inviting! I don't know how you're doing all of that while pregnant. I'm exhausted just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete