Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just One Of Those Weeks

Did you ever have one of those weeks where you feel like nothing got done despite your best efforts? Yeah that was my week. 

Sweet Pea is seemingly going through a growth spurt and this week she was all about Momma. I mean if I walked out of the room or even out of her line of sight in the room she started to whine. Not a cry, no tears or anything but a persistent "Waaah" sound . She did it all week and do you have any idea how hard it is to do dishes or get laundry done with a four month old strapped to your hip? (Well if you're a mom I guess you do! )

Anyways the whole week went like that and then on Thursday I discovered a whole world of old TV shows on Netflix and instant streaming.Huzzah! It was like a whole new world was opened up to me! Why had no one shown me the vast array of old TV shows I could watch??! Shows I watched when I was young-- Shows like the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries and Murder She Wrote. I am a total sucker for mystery shows but mystery shows that seep nostalgia from my childhood--hot diggity!

I was sucked in and completely lost Thursday to the TV and Jessica Fletcher's exploits. The Sweet Pea and I pretty much camped out in the living room and watched the residents of Cabot Cove, Maine try to solve murders. And question here- Did no one ever find it the least bit strange that it was Jessica who was always finding these bodies?? Still it was fun seeing all the guest stars from the 80s on the show--everyone from Rue McClanahan to George Clooney was on that show at one time or another. Yes, I admit it I spent the ENTIRE day watching it and I still have about 80 episodes to go. Oh boy.

Then yesterday I spent the day trying to play catch up from my lost Thursday. Although I do admit to Googling a bit of information on Maine to see if there were any towns that were small and cute like Cabot Cove. I know! I know! I am a dork. However, given the chance I would totally move to a tiny little town where everybody knows everybody. I love the idea of small town America. I mean I moved from the big city to the suburbs but truly what I would like to do is move to an even smaller town somewhere!

So this weekend is all about catching up on the stuff I couldn't get to because of the Sweet Pea and her needs or more likely because I spent an entire day watching TV. Has anyone ever done that before? I am feeling a bit guilty now! But, I suppose every once in a while one can do that. I guess the same applies to staying in one's pajamas all day too. (I am guilty of that too!!)

Like I said in the title it was just one of those weeks. So now I am off to finish laundry, do dishes, and clean the house all while having the Sweet Pea attached to my hip! And maybe,just maybe I'll sneak in another episode of Murder She Wrote...Shhhh don't tell the hubby!

Much luv!
Laura. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey This is some great thing never thought that it could work like that, good job!

    ReplyDelete