Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mommy Milestone

The title of this post actually comes from an episode of Tori and Dean(oh I just love them! I think Tori is just so cute with her kids!) I just watched an episode the other day where Tori was talking about the kids first dance recital and how they didn't think it was a big deal but she did. She said and I am paraphrasing here-- those moments when the kids are unaware of how momentous the occasion is really a "Mommy Milestone". I thought that was a beautiful sentiment.

Today is a big "Mommy Milestone" for me. For today is the Lil Sweet Pea's baptism. The Sweet Pea will be four months old tomorrow and having her baptized was important for both the husband and myself. So big day for us around here!

We put her in her Christening gown and bonnet last night to take pictures and oh my goodness she looked so sweet and so adorable I almost cried. I will be posting pictures as soon as I can get the camera from hubby. He is using Photoshop to create a poster of the Sweet Pea for everyone to sign at the Open House we are holding after the baptism.

Oh, did I mention that we are having about a gazillion people coming to our little teeny tiny house today?? Oh yes, yes we are. I have no idea where all these people are going to sit, let alone eat! This whole thing seemed like a much better idea a month ago when we planned it. Today my stress level is just through the roof!

We are not fancy people. We do not throw extravagant dinner parties or large get togethers. We are just an ordinary hang out and be comfy sort of family. So large events like this in my home make me nervous. I am by nature extraordinarily shy so I really have to push myself out of the bubble to be Miss Super Social. 

Then there is the mixing of the hubby family with my family. We have never in the five years we have been married ever needed to have both sides to a party. (Don't ask about the wedding because there was some blow up on the hubby's side of the family at that time and no one was speaking to each other--hence no one from his family came to our wedding. Weird, I know.)So it will be a big meet and greet for both sides of the family. Yikes!

Anyways, I am going to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off soon but I wanted to get in a post before the madness ensued! I am hopeful that today will go well and everyone will enjoy themselves. I am also hopeful that my Sweet Pea won't lose her mind when the priest pours water over head because I know she sure doesn't like it when I do it to her during bath time!

But this is a huge "Mommy Milestone" for me and I want it to be precious! I will definitely post pictures and tell you all about it later on tonight or tomorrow. (I will have to steal the camera from the hubby though LOL) 

For now here is a picture of my Sweet Pea to hold you over.

Much luv! (And wish me luck today!!)
Laura 

5 comments:

  1. Stopping from WOE to say hi and congratulations on your Mommy Milestone (I love the term).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great term! My baby girl is 14 and I still have Mommy Milestones with her!!

    Good luck with your big party! Sweet Pea looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your beautiful babes baptism! a big day yes with special graces everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new reader, and I really enjoyed your blog...I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story was raelly informative, thanks!I liked your article is an interesting technology , thanks to google I found you.

    ReplyDelete